By Goodluck Ikiebe
Nigeria’s Ministry of Sports and Youth Development has opened up a call for applications from suitably qualified candidates for a 3-months Work Experience Programme (WEP).
The Ministry’s spokesman, Mohammed Manga, says in a statement that this is in line with the policy initiative of Tinubu administration on Youths in the country.
“Candidates who can apply for the Programme must be;
(1) Graduates with or without NYSC
(2) He/She must not be older than 30 years of age by 31st December, 2023
(3) Candidates with the following courses can apply
• Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Biochemistry,
• Microbiology and other related Science & Technology Courses
• Courses for the Administrative positions – Business Administration, Accounting, and other relevant Management/Social Sciences can also apply”, Manga added.
He said the ministry wishes to state that application will close on July 30, 2023.
“Interested candidates are therefore advised to apply through the link below
https://forms.gle/5FEJNZnVrSLXJgxJ8”, he noted.
According to him, “The Ministry further wants to inform applicants that the Work Experience programmes offer tangible benefits, especially, helping participants realise how they can improve their lives and opportunities and also create avenues to meet with prospective employees while taking advantage of the short-term training”.